PDA

View Full Version : 》GUITAR《 Is a pick REALLY needed?

Fasglas
12-16-2017, 5:25pm
One appears, then is put down at 1:20.

https://youtu.be/i_7feGF9TA8

Jeff '79
12-16-2017, 5:38pm
Nope.
Lindsay Buckingham doesn't use one at all.
I saw FM from the 9th row and could not believe the sounds tat guy made with a guitar and no pick. 2:51 on he jams
Most underrated in my book...:yesnod:

qNM6IuA87eM

Jeff '79
12-16-2017, 6:41pm
Weird.
I got this in the mail today in a hand written envelope.
12 picks of different gauges and a brochure.
They must've got our address from the Guitar Center where my wife bought me a Takamine EF-441 about 13 years back.
Now this thread.... Weird

HellCat
12-18-2017, 11:36am
Mark Knopfler is one of the top 5 guitarists of all time. Some would argue, the best.

SnikPlosskin
12-18-2017, 11:46pm
Interesting video. I was teaching a couple friends a few weeks back and one was flabbergasted by my switching back and forth between fingers and pick. I don't even notice it, it's become so natural. One guy said "wait. Where did that pick go?"

I sort of palm the pick when I'm not using it and then it pops back when I want it. Like a slight of hand thing. All without thinking about it. I couldn't show them how to do it. As soon as I thought about it I couldn't do it.

I noticed I actually catch it between my second and third finger. For some reason I can hold it there and finger pick with all five fingers and not drop it.

No idea how.

Kerrmudgeon
12-19-2017, 1:11am
Interesting video. I was teaching a couple friends a few weeks back and one was flabbergasted by my switching back and forth between fingers and pick. I don't even notice it, it's become so natural. One guy said "wait. Where did that pick go?"

I sort of palm the pick when I'm not using it and then it pops back when I want it. Like a slight of hand thing. All without thinking about it. I couldn't show them how to do it. As soon as I thought about it I couldn't do it.

I noticed I actually catch it between my second and third finger. For some reason I can hold it there and finger pick with all five fingers and not drop it.

No idea how.

It's magic. :willy: