PDA

View Full Version : The Hospital Christmas was fun

MrPeabody
12-10-2017, 12:41am
The venue was really great. It's an event center/boat museum at a winery nearby. There were about 8-10 classic wooden boats in the room, with dining tables set up among them. I didn't take a camera, but here's their website with some pics of the room we were in.https://www.boatiquewines.com/about/boats/

Pretty good wine, too.:shots:

Bill
12-10-2017, 1:01am
Pics of candy stripers?

MrPeabody
12-10-2017, 1:03am
Pic sof candy stripers?
They don't have those any more. Although I am married to a former one.:yesnod:

Kerrmudgeon
12-10-2017, 2:48am
Gorgeous boats. :drool:

I see a :canada: flag on one of them...:clap:

Black94lt1
12-10-2017, 3:47am
Looks like a great place for a holiday party! Years ago my wife’s department rented The Henry Ford museum in Dearborn for their holiday party, complete museum access while enjoying a band, food and drinks - I can only imagine what that must have cost!

69camfrk
12-10-2017, 8:07am
Wow!!!!

snide
12-10-2017, 8:33am
Nice! :cheers:

MrPeabody
12-10-2017, 12:25pm
Gorgeous boats. :drool:

I see a :canada: flag on one of them...:clap:

I thought you would notice that. I did, too, last night at the party.

MrPeabody
12-10-2017, 12:50pm
I should mention these boats are all runners, too. I've seen most of them in the water at local wooden boat shows.

The detail on these boats close-up is astounding. Many of them had every screw on a part indexed so the screw heads were all dialed in to match at their finished point. I would estimate there were two to three million dollars worth of boats there. Some of the ones in the pictures were not there, but most were, plus a few others not in the pics. It was also interesting that most of the crowd, who were, of course medical people were almost oblivious to the presence of the boats. Just decorations in the background to them.

The larger boats had ramps and walkways built around them so you could see them up close. Out of hundreds of people, I only saw one other person besides myself who even walked up to take a look. It was a doctor who is somewhat of a gearhead. He has lots of car magazines in his office and drives a Lotus Elise.

OddBall
12-10-2017, 12:56pm
Nice boats! What are the green things?

MrPeabody
12-10-2017, 1:11pm
Nice boats! What are the green things?

Concrete wine vats. I've never seen them anywhere else, and I didn't take the time to go over and read the info about them.

99 pewtercoupe
12-10-2017, 1:49pm
Looks like a pretty cool place to visit.