PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find the Bing to Google over ride again?

Kerrmudgeon
12-09-2017, 7:17pm
:toetap:....stupid Win 10 update put Bing in again and I can't remember how to over ride it to Google....:thomas:

Aerovette
12-09-2017, 11:12pm
:toetap:....stupid Win 10 update put Bing in again and I can't remember how to over ride it to Google....:thomas:

Did you not believe me?

Kerrmudgeon
12-09-2017, 11:21pm
Did you not believe me?

No.....I did believe you but I meant that post to be a thread and I goofed. So I just corrected my mistake. :bilmem:

Aerovette
12-09-2017, 11:30pm
No.....I did believe you but I meant that post to be a thread and I goofed. So I just corrected my mistake. :bilmem:

Just givin you a hard time. :cert:

Kerrmudgeon
12-09-2017, 11:51pm
It's still not the over ride that I put in before.....I think Cowboy told me how, but I can't remember. Anytime Bing was activated it automatically went to Google. Now it's damn Bing search when I hit a new tabl GGGRrrrrrrrrrrrd! I hate when they force their shit down your throat. It even switches my home page to Bing search after I put my home page in.....:thomas:

Turns out the updated Firefox:toetap:won't accept the Bing-Google mod to the internet search like before. I have to find a new over ride.....:bigears:

Stangkiller
12-10-2017, 12:16am
Windows update appears to have removed internet expolorer from my desktop. Wtf.

Kerrmudgeon
12-10-2017, 12:44am
Windows update appears to have removed internet expolorer from my desktop. Wtf.

It's so fecking irritating! Not only does it take WAY too long to update with the half now, half at restart bullshit, but they change stuff without telling you.

I just figured out they installed a safesearch incognito on my browser that was screwing up my google search, and it was......INCOGNITO! so I couldn't see it. :thomas:

Had to go to my add ons and diable it. :mad:

09CTSV
12-10-2017, 6:30am
Safari, MAC updates are easier by the way. They don't change my search engine and don't force stupid MS bloatware into the browser.
I like having twelve tabs as my favorite to start in Safari.

Stangkiller
12-10-2017, 6:37am
Browsing with IE is a great way to get all your information stolen. Edge, as crappy as it is, is 1000X more secure.

Also, use something else.

Also, use Chrome. :rofl:

I don’t browse with ie...but it was my primary tool for accessing some internal stuff. (Administration of my ipcameras). Found out Firefox worked too and reinstalled FF. It’s all good now but wow that’s annoying.

Wathen1955
12-10-2017, 1:02pm
Which is why I'm still on 7.