PDA

View Full Version : New Demo - what do you think?

SnikPlosskin
12-07-2017, 5:35pm
ABR 2018 Demo - YouTube

Does it look like a cool event?

boracayjohnny
12-07-2017, 5:54pm
A social with a live band. It is a different approach.

CubSmurf
12-07-2017, 5:58pm
ABR 2018 Demo - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc7F2nzloBM)

Does it look like a cool event?

I have always thought the event sounded cool and seeing the video reinforces that.

However, I will say (with absolutely the utmost respect) I'd want to polish up the video before sending it to clients/donors. It's good, don't get me wrong, but as someone in the video production field I'm going to be more nitpicky than most.

SnikPlosskin
12-07-2017, 6:19pm
I have always thought the event sounded cool and seeing the video reinforces that.

However, I will say (with absolutely the utmost respect) I'd want to polish up the video before sending it to clients/donors. It's good, don't get me wrong, but as someone in the video production field I'm going to be more nitpicky than most.

That's because it was shot with a single stationary camera on autopilot because we have resources for shoot it properly. I'm enlarging the frames in post for different shots.

I believe we have a full production team for the next show in Febriary.

OddBall
12-07-2017, 6:37pm
Sounds great and like a lot of fun. :cert:

That logo is kick-ass, don't ever change it. One of the best I've ever seen.

Kerrmudgeon
12-07-2017, 6:39pm
Hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee-ho indeed! :clap:

Well done Pete. :fastguy:

SnikPlosskin
12-07-2017, 6:59pm

Also, the guy that shot the interviews did not handle it well. Terrible sound.

mrvette
12-07-2017, 7:11pm
HUGE fan of blues/jazz music for some decades now.....

I think it's great......I could listen forever on your brand of music.....

so the vids/recordings screw up....well....not good for promotion....but it still don't take the smile outta the music......

:seasix::seasix::hurray::hurray:

Dan Dlabay
12-07-2017, 7:34pm
Would love to attend a show like that. Good people and good music.:seasix::cert:

SnikPlosskin
12-07-2017, 7:41pm
HUGE fan of blues/jazz music for some decades now.....

I think it's great......I could listen forever on your brand of music.....

so the vids/recordings screw up....well....not good for promotion....but it still don't take the smile outta the music......

:seasix::seasix::hurray::hurray:

The key is to have people actually shooting it. I get there a half hour early and set up a tripod, slap a camcorder on it and boom. That's it.

One step at a time. :yesnod:

CubSmurf
12-07-2017, 7:54pm
The key is to have people actually shooting it. I get there a half hour early and set up a tripod, slap a camcorder on it and boom. That's it.

One step at a time. :yesnod:

I completely understand. I'd help out if I lived in Austin.

I will offer this, if interested: If you feel like sending me the assets I'd edit a 'alternate/'cleaned up' version.

Completely up to you but since I don't live in Austin this is a way I could help. :)

SnikPlosskin
12-07-2017, 9:14pm
I completely understand. I'd help out if I lived in Austin.

I will offer this, if interested: If you feel like sending me the assets I'd edit a 'alternate/'cleaned up' version.

Completely up to you but since I don't live in Austin this is a way I could help. :)

Wow! I may take you up on that. I believe the assets are all contained in the Final Cut library, yes?

CubSmurf
12-08-2017, 9:47am
Wow! I may take you up on that. I believe the assets are all contained in the Final Cut library, yes?

Should be. Another way would be to zip up the raw files you used and put them in dropbox or something similar.

Sorry, just saw this:)

SnikPlosskin
12-08-2017, 4:07pm
Should be. Another way would be to zip up the raw files you used and put them in dropbox or something similar.

Sorry, just saw this:)

I may have something more important for you. We will be hitting a sound stage to record a Christmas. Song live with the full band. We will then use this for crowdfunding a Christmas album.

More on that later. We hope to have it recorded over holiday.

CubSmurf
12-08-2017, 5:43pm
I may have something more important for you. We will be hitting a sound stage to record a Christmas. Song live with the full band. We will then use this for crowdfunding a Christmas album.

More on that later. We hope to have it recorded over holiday.

I'm game:) Feel free to him my DM if you don't want to say publicly.