PDA

View Full Version : GOP Will Tackle Entitlement Programs in 2018

Jeff '79
12-07-2017, 7:15am
Paul Ryan says GOP plans to tackle Medicare, Medicaid in 2018 - CNNPolitics (http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/paul-ryan-entitlement-reform/index.html)

Ryan also noted that, in addition to health care, the GOP plans to work on reforming the US welfare system.
"We think it's important to get people from welfare to work," Ryan said. "We have a welfare system that's basically trapping people in poverty and effectively paying people not to work, and we've got to work on that."

Yay!!! With employment numbers coming in low, there is no excuse anymore...
Git-R-Done !!

Step 3 in my opinion, in 2019, slash government jobs 10% across the board because of the entitlement repairs. (Pipe dream).

VITE1
12-07-2017, 7:29am
:iagree:

Over the next 7 years Trump needs to cut government spending by at least 30% across the board.

Means tested entitlements needs to be reduced massively.

While I would just like to see them cut and let the people one them work it out I feel that we should tell the state we will reduce federal spending 10% a year for the next 8 years until all federal support is gone.

All single parent households that have more children while on welfare do not get any increase in benefits.

All single parent households will be be docked for each unexcused absence from school of any of thier children.

All single parent households will get a bonus when thier children have 100% attendance. Additional bonuses for High grades, outstanding performance in STEM or other in leading edge educational programs.

All recipients of any means tested welfare will be interviewed and given specific neighborhood work or educational requirements that must be met daily/weekly/monthly or benefits will be reduced or cut.

The problems with our current welfare system is there is no Quid Pro Quo between the recipient and the government. It's time to change that .

Bill
12-07-2017, 8:42am
You won't get any of that done with Paul Ryan at the helm. He's a good talker, but performance? Not so much. He needs to be replaced.

99 pewtercoupe
12-07-2017, 8:54am
"We think it's important to get people from welfare to work," Ryan said. "We have a welfare system that's basically trapping people in poverty and effectively paying people not to work, and we've got to work on that."

I like the analogy that welfare should be a trampoline not a hammock.

MrPeabody
12-07-2017, 9:09am
:iagree:

Over the next 7 years Trump needs to cut government spending by at least 30% across the board.

Means tested entitlements needs to be reduced massively.

While I would just like to see them cut and let the people one them work it out I feel that we should tell the state we will reduce federal spending 10% a year for the next 8 years until all federal support is gone.

All single parent households that have more children while on welfare do not get any increase in benefits.

All single parent households will be be docked for each unexcused absence from school of any of thier children.

All single parent households will get a bonus when thier children have 100% attendance. Additional bonuses for High grades, outstanding performance in STEM or other in leading edge educational programs.

All recipients of any means tested welfare will be interviewed and given specific neighborhood work or educational requirements that must be met daily/weekly/monthly or benefits will be reduced or cut.

The problems with our current welfare system is there is no Quid Pro Quo between the recipient and the government. It's time to change that .

I agree with what you are saying, but why give certain penalties and benefits only to single parent families? For instance, why shouldn't two parent families have their pay docked for unexcused absences?

Broken Wind
12-07-2017, 9:28am
Ain’t happening. Not in our lifetimes.