PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news!

lspencer534
12-04-2017, 5:14pm
Handing the White House a huge judicial victory, the U.S. Supreme Court today ruled in favor of President Trump’s travel ban affecting residents of six majority-Muslim countries.

The justices said the policy can take full effect despite multiple legal challenges against it that haven’t yet made their way through the judicial system.

The ban applies to people from Syria, Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

Supreme Court permits full enforcement of Trump travel ban | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/supreme-court-permits-full-enforcement-trump-travel-ban.html)

Aerovette
12-04-2017, 5:35pm
Ever so slowly, the ship is beginning to turn. We may just miss the iceberg. :seasix:

DAB
12-04-2017, 6:18pm
so the court said that the law says what the laws says it says.

mrvette
12-04-2017, 7:32pm
Ever so slowly, the ship is beginning to turn. We may just miss the iceberg. :seasix:

:seasix: Well said......:hurray:

lspencer534
12-04-2017, 7:42pm

If I understand what I think it says--and I think I do--then that's what it says.

Thunder22
12-04-2017, 8:04pm
Suck it Libs!

What a waste of time and taxpayer $$$$ fighting this. Asshats.

Bill
12-04-2017, 8:11pm

Actually, the way I understand it, the law can be enforced while the appeals go forward. It isn't a done deal yet, but it definitely should be, now that it's at the SCOTUS.

Sea Six
12-05-2017, 3:18am
Handing the White House a huge judicial victory, the U.S. Supreme Court today ruled in favor of President Trump’s travel ban affecting residents of six majority-Muslim countries.

The justices said the policy can take full effect despite multiple legal challenges against it that haven’t yet made their way through the judicial system.

The ban applies to people from Syria, Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

Supreme Court permits full enforcement of Trump travel ban | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/supreme-court-permits-full-enforcement-trump-travel-ban.html)

So can he now add more countries to the list as he wants, or does he have to go through this entire process again?

lspencer534
12-05-2017, 10:39am
So can he now add more countries to the list as he wants, or does he have to go through this entire process again?

IMO, he'll have to go through the process again if he wants to add more Countries. And IMO, the pending appeals in the lower Courts have become moot. The Supreme Court will simply direct the lowers Court to prepare an Order in line with yesterday's opinion.

Let me also add this: The President has authority to ban entry of anyone into this Country as he sees fit; gone at least for now is the proposition that the President has to show that he acted reasonably and withing the Constitution in such ban. Laws are presumed to be Constitutional, and Government officials who implement them are presumed to have acted in good faith and within the law.

In other words the presumption of Constitutionality will shift to the opponents of such laws to show that they're unconstitutional instead of requiring that the Government show that they're constitutional, which is how it should be. And the Supreme Court isn't prone to change it's mind very often. I think this question is now settled definitively.