PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's playing golf today and he looks great.

Cybercowboy
12-01-2017, 12:34pm
Seriously, he looks about 10 years younger and is already two under after just three holes, making him five under and tied for second currently. If you haven't seen him play well in a long time, turn on Golf Channel. And yes, I know many don't like Tiger. I've been very critical of him in the past. However, he's absolutely great for the game of golf and frankly it needs him.

Edit: Make that six under tied for first.

Datawiz
12-01-2017, 1:00pm
I agree that golf needs Tiger. I can't imagine how much of a financial hit the PGA felt, and every TV station that airs golf, and any venue that hosts events. The Tiger Effect is real, and Tiger's dad was right when he said Tiger didn't need the PGA, but that the PGA needed Tiger.

Fasglas
12-01-2017, 1:30pm
I agree that golf needs Tiger. I can't imagine how much of a financial hit the PGA felt, and every TV station that airs golf, and any venue that hosts events. The Tiger Effect is real, and Tiger's dad was right when he said Tiger didn't need the PGA, but that the PGA needed Tiger.

:iagree::yesnod:

Cybercowboy
12-01-2017, 1:46pm
Currently tied for first at 8-under after 10 holes.

Iron Chef
12-01-2017, 2:01pm
Did he go back to nailing a bunch of women?

I hope so. And I hope he's smarter about it this time. :yesnod:

Good for Tiger.

Cybercowboy
12-01-2017, 2:04pm
9-under after 11. Wow.

Iron Chef, he sure seems like he's got a proper swing going this time around. It's not all violent and jerky, it legit looks reminiscent of his form around 2008 or so. Also I hear he's not trying to dead lift 400 lbs anymore. He had that nasty sort of back surgery this time around, when they go in from the abdomen and put your guts in buss tubs. Pretty much looks like it worked.

mrvette
12-01-2017, 3:46pm
GOLF is BORING, not only to play, but especially to watch....SNORE!!!!

:issues::lol:

Fasglas
12-02-2017, 1:36am
:seasix::seasix::seasix:

-----------------

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2017/12/01/tiger-woods-position-win-after-second-round-68-hero-world-challenge/914780001/

Making his first start in 10 months and just his fourth in two years, Tiger roared in the second round of the Hero World Challenge at Albany Golf Course. Calling on all his powers that made him the best player of his generation — eye-opening power, on-point iron play, short-game magic — he electrified those in attendance on this island paradise and roused fans the world over with a 5-under-par 31 on the front nine to grab a share of the lead.

While he staggered a bit coming home, he finished the day with a 4-under-par 68 and, coupled with his opening-round 69, is at 7 under through 36 holes and in a tie for fifth. He is five shots behind pace-setter Charley Hoffman, who made 12 birdies and shot 63 to move to 12 under through 36 holes.

VITE1
12-02-2017, 7:22am
Charlie Hoffman get's 12 birdies. The most ever in any PGA event.

Tiger is looking very good. He seems to lose concentration once in a while then comes back strong.

Jordan Speith is looking good as well. This Hero's event is looking like a real good event.

Cybercowboy
12-02-2017, 9:47am
Charlie Hoffman get's 12 birdies. The most ever in any PGA event.

Tiger is looking very good. He seems to lose concentration once in a while then comes back strong.

Jordan Speith is looking good as well. This Hero's event is looking like a real good event.

It really is a good event and this is the first time I've paid any attention to it. Apparently Tiger has won it five times. :lol: