PDA

View Full Version : Anyone peeping Saudia Arabia and what's going on?

boracayjohnny
11-09-2017, 3:54pm
It looks like dude is cleaning house and he just got himself, "I'm the King, Bitches"

Kerrmudgeon
11-09-2017, 4:49pm
At least he's going to modernize that backward sand hole. :thumbs:

OddBall
11-09-2017, 5:18pm
It looks like dude is cleaning house and he just got himself, "I'm the King, Bitches"

At least he's going to modernize that backward sand hole. :thumbs:

It'll take a heavy hand to change the culture there. He knows the playing field, let's see what direction he goes.

boracayjohnny
11-09-2017, 5:25pm
It'll take a heavy hand to change the culture there. He knows the playing field, let's see what direction he goes.

I'd say he's using a wrecking ball. He's gotten a boatload of corrupt folks so far including some princes. What I'm reading is actually very positive toward Western ways. They've even admitted they were funding bad dudes, "We lied", and are cutting ties with all that.

Sea Six
11-09-2017, 5:57pm
He's a Middle Eastern Duterte.

MrPeabody
11-09-2017, 6:14pm
I'd say he's using a wrecking ball. He's gotten a boatload of corrupt folks so far including some princes. What I'm reading is actually very positive toward Western ways. They've even admitted they were funding bad dudes, "We lied", and are cutting ties with all that.

Yeah, I'm sure he's not corrupt at all.

He'll need a food taster for the rest of his life, but I bet he already has them on his staff.

Bill
11-09-2017, 6:29pm
KSA fiddn'ta hit Lebanon. They're pullin' they people out now.

Fasglas
11-09-2017, 10:47pm
Longish article. Interesting to note, his "critics" call him reckless. Hmmm, where have we heard THAT before?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/the-brash-young-leader-behind-the-big-saudi-shakeup-quicktake/2017/11/09/86ad9d9c-c565-11e7-9922-4151f5ca6168_story.html?utm_term=.d9ab8a514599

the brink of the top position in Saudi Arabia, one of the last remaining absolute monarchies. Not since the reign of country founder Abdulaziz ibn Saud has so much power been in one man’s hands. The prince vows to deliver*revolutionary change, moderating religious strictures in the land that gave birth to Islam and weening the largest crude exporter off dependence on oil. His supporters say his boldness is just what’s needed to push one of the world’s most conservative societies into the modern age. His critics say he veers into recklessness.

Rob
11-10-2017, 6:09am
You see that Saudi and Iran are on the brink of blowing each other up also?

69camfrk
11-10-2017, 8:11am

I will maintain that Saudi Arabia will continue to be a shithole....:yesnod:

VITE1
11-10-2017, 8:19am

:iagree:

mrvette
11-10-2017, 8:34am
I keep hoping the Iranian folks will rise up and shitcan that mullah there, and return to the open society they were under the Sha.....

:hurray:

69camfrk
11-10-2017, 9:05am
I keep hoping the Iranian folks will rise up and shitcan that mullah there, and return to the open society they were under the Sha.....

:hurray:

Good luck with that. They already have a couple of generations of brainwashed idiots there.

mrvette
11-10-2017, 9:13am
Good luck with that. They already have a couple of generations of brainwashed idiots there.

Yeh, I hear you, BUT some years ago the Tehran groups/northern Iran were shaking up the mullahs and ready to revolt, but of course nobam pulled the plug on ANY support from us.....but in the last ~8 years, yes a fair chance by passage of time, you may be correct....damnit....

:sadangel:

69camfrk
11-10-2017, 9:42am
Yeh, I hear you, BUT some years ago the Tehran groups/northern Iran were shaking up the mullahs and ready to revolt, but of course nobam pulled the plug on ANY support from us.....but in the last ~8 years, yes a fair chance by passage of time, you may be correct....damnit....

:sadangel:

I wish I wasn't. There really is some cool history in that part of the world. That said, the U.S. sort of owns the mess over there by propping up one despot, then the next...

boracayjohnny
11-10-2017, 9:44am
I will maintain that Saudi Arabia will continue to be a shithole....:yesnod:

I agree them folks are some backwards ass fukks. Yet, the current cleaning is, at least, a step outside for cave dwellers.

Olustee bus
11-10-2017, 9:44am
It is a scary situation. Yemen fired an Iranian supplied missile at Saudi and Saudi shot it down at the Riyadh airport. Saudi has said Lebanon has declared war. So, we have Saudi versus Iran, Lebanon and Yemen going on. I read somewhere where there probably will not be a war because "Isreal does not want a war now" which I do not understand.

Will Isreal want a war at some time in the near future? Will they get back to us and let us know when the "want" a war?

It just seems like a pretty hot situation to me. I guess it is not that critical because the news is not burning up with information.

just now:

Lebanon's Aoun tells Saudi envoy Hariri must return | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-lebanon-politics/lebanons-aoun-tells-saudi-envoy-hariri-must-return-idUSKBN1DA1J2?il=0)

I just as Sunni take a Shi ite on the whole damn region:yesnod:

boracayjohnny
11-10-2017, 10:03am
It is a scary situation. Yemen fired an Iranian supplied missile at Saudi and Saudi shot it down at the Riyadh airport. Saudi has said Lebanon has declared war. So, we have Saudi versus Iran, Lebanon and Yemen going on. I read somewhere where there probably will not be a war because "Isreal does not want a war now" which I do not understand.

Will Isreal want a war at some time in the near future? Will they get back to us and let us know when the "want" a war?

It just seems like a pretty hot situation to me. I guess it is not that critical because the news is not burning up with information.

just now:

Lebanon's Aoun tells Saudi envoy Hariri must return | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-lebanon-politics/lebanons-aoun-tells-saudi-envoy-hariri-must-return-idUSKBN1DA1J2?il=0)

I just as Sunni take a Shi ite on the whole damn region:yesnod:

Yemen is just a site for a proxy war for SA and Iran. SA has announced the firing on Riyadh as an, "Act of War". So, between the two, I'd say SA is much more friendly to the US than Iran. Even though Obama tried to pay Iran off. Yea, the water didn't even get hot before Iran shit all over Obama's master plan. Dumbass, you never give the bully your lunch money.