PDA

View Full Version : A word about transgenders from someone who should know...

lspencer534
05-07-2017, 10:28am
Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has studied transgendered people for 40 years, said it is a scientific fact that “transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men.

All such people, he explained in an article for The Witherspoon Institute, “become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they ‘identify.’”

Dr. McHugh, who was psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital for 26 years, the medical institute that had initially pioneered sex-change surgery – and later ceased the practice – stressed that the cultural meme, or idea that “one’s sex is fluid and a matter of choice” is extremely damaging, especially to young people.

He also says those who wish to change their gender suffer from a psychiatric condition, not an accident of birth. McHugh continued, “it proves not easy nor wise to live in a counterfeit sexual garb. Ten to 15 years after surgical reassignment, the suicide rate of those who had undergone sex-reassignment surgery rose to 20 times that of comparable peers."

Johns Hopkins psychiatrist drops TRUTH BOMB about transgenders ? liberals furious - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com (http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-drops-truth-bomb-about-transgenders-liberals-furious)

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 10:36am
When you are the outcast and ostricised, suicide becomes the only option for some. All of those people are ostricised, ridiculed, and are basically outcasts.
I surely can see the suicide rate for them as being very high.
It is very hard for anyone that is not in a transgender's position to understand wth is really going on with them.
Personally... It is the most bizarre thing to fathom.
Bruce Jenner is a prime example. I just don't get that.
I'm not going to mock the guy, but I'm also going to turn the channel or page as fast as I can when his mug is shown now. His/ Her's whatever. That it's business .

vetteman9368
05-07-2017, 11:21am
When you are the outcast and ostricised, suicide becomes the only option for some. All of those people are ostricised, ridiculed, and are basically outcasts.
It is very hard for anyone that is not in a transgender's position to understand wth is really going on with them.
I'm not going to mock the guy, but I'm also going to turn the channel or page as fast as I can when his mug is shown now. His/ Her's whatever. That it's business .

He was born with male DNA, he will die with male DNA. What pharmacology and surgery have done not withstanding.

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 11:26am
He was born with male DNA, he will die with male DNA. What pharmacology and surgery have done not withstanding.

You've seen his DNA ?

vetteman9368
05-07-2017, 11:30am
You've seen his DNA ?

I don't have to.

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 11:37am
I gotta say...
It's pretty tough to argue with that John's Hopkins Doctor who has seen it all.
I also think that DNA research is not advanced enough to find the real answer yet.
I think the answer is locked in a gene somewhere along the line.
I'm not a researcher or a doctor, and have no real world experience in these matters, but that is just my own opinion.

lspencer534
05-07-2017, 11:57am
I gotta say...
It's pretty tough to argue with that John's Hopkins Doctor who has seen it all.
I also think that DNA research is not advanced enough to find the real answer yet.
I think the answer is locked in a gene somewhere along the line.
I'm not a researcher or a doctor, and have no real world experience in these matters, but that is just my own opinion.

Perhaps the answer lies with "intersex" babies, babies who are born with ambiguous genitalia so that a sex determiner doctor has to be called in to decide the "true sex". The latest estimate is that 1.7% of intersex babies are born, not a small percentage...about the same percentage of red-haired babies. Since there is a sex chromosome, maybe the answer lies there.

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 12:02pm
Perhaps the answer lies with "intersex" babies, babies who are born with ambiguous genitalia so that a sex determiner doctor has to be called in to decide the "true sex". The latest estimate is that 1.7% of intersex babies are born, not a small percentage...about the same percentage of red-haired babies. Since there is a sex chromosome, maybe the answer lies there.

Or that.
Genetics will eventually unlock this mystery imo.

04 commemorative
05-07-2017, 12:28pm
Bruce Jenner.....problem I have with him is.... stop shoving what he did in my face....go somewhere,do what you need to do to yourself and hope that your family and friends accept and support you.....the entire world does not need to just because you were once a great athlete.

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 12:35pm
Bruce Jenner.....problem I have with him is.... stop shoving what he did in my face....go somewhere,do what you need to do to yourself and hope that your family and friends accept and support you.....the entire world does not need to just because you were once a great athlete.

:iagree:

04 commemorative
05-07-2017, 12:53pm
And.....to tell The President of the United States of America that if he does not support you and your new found community YOU are coming for him ! ...Dude you have some set of balls somewhere ....either in your pants or a jar but how dare you disrespect him like that ? Like him or not he still deserves respect....just like you are looking for.

Ok I'm done....sorry

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 1:00pm
And.....to tell The President of the United States of America that if he does not support you and your new found community YOU are coming for him ! ...Dude you have some set of balls somewhere ....either in your pants or a jar but how dare you disrespect him like that ? Like him or not he still deserves respect....just like you are looking for.

Ok I'm done....sorry

Trump is a total douche bag by anyone's standards.
Has he really earned your respect yet?
He may eventually, but so far he's a total bafoon that thinks he's still filming the Apprentice.
Singling that faction out is ridiculous

Bill
05-07-2017, 1:06pm

Ok I'm done....sorry

I disagree with you. Trump's the president. He works not just for me and you, but also for Bruce Jenner and his similarly situated people. It's Bruce's right to "come for him" in a political sense, in fact, it's his duty as a citizen if he disagrees with Trump on issues.

Frankly, though, I doubt Bruce has a big enough following to make any kind of difference. Trump supported gay marriage, and hasn't spoken out AGAINST the transgendered, rather more or less just left the issue unaddressed, which means status quo, which means, hopefully, we won't see bathroom bills for or against, and they can just live their lives quietly as they have been, before they got militant.

The people pushing the transgender issue already hate Trump, so Bruce's political clout seems like about zero.

Olustee bus
05-07-2017, 1:17pm
The first 8 years of my career was spent as a psychologist and from there I got my medical degree as a psychiatrist. I have spent many years studying LGBT psychology and psychosis and what I have found is, in my professional opinion, they are all Fecked up!

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 1:21pm
The first 8 years of my career was spent as a psychologist and from there I got my medical degree as a psychiatrist. I have spent many years studying LGBT psychology and psychosis and what I have found is, in my professional opinion, they are all Fecked up!

You would be too if you were confused out of your mind due to circumstances not understood.
My degree is in sociology and business, so I saw a lot of this too.

lspencer534
05-07-2017, 1:34pm
I disagree with you. Trump's the president. He works not just for me and you, but also for Bruce Jenner and his similarly situated people. It's Bruce's right to "come for him" in a political sense, in fact, it's his duty as a citizen if he disagrees with Trump on issues.

Frankly, though, I doubt Bruce has a big enough following to make any kind of difference. Trump supported gay marriage, and hasn't spoken out AGAINST the transgendered, rather more or less just left the issue unaddressed, which means status quo, which means, hopefully, we won't see bathroom bills for or against, and they can just live their lives quietly as they have been, before they got militant.

The people pushing the transgender issue already hate Trump, so Bruce's political clout seems like about zero.

I believe Trump already did away with the transgender bathrooms by Executive Order.

Aerovette
05-07-2017, 2:31pm
I believe Trump already did away with the transgender bathrooms by Executive Order.

At the Federal level. States can deal with it their own way.

What surgery do we offer anorexics because they think they are fat?

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 2:31pm
At the Federal level. States can deal with it their own way.

What surgery do we offer anorexics because they think they are fat?

Liposuction

Good analogy though.

Aerovette
05-07-2017, 3:00pm
Liposuction

Good analogy though.

Where do you suppose the doctor would recommend that the liposuction procedure be done on this woman?

https://userscontent2.emaze.com/images/3d82b503-b3b3-48c7-a32b-d1f944cc7cd9/4e3ed9bb5ae1151e362a4d575afb6e00.jpg

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 3:01pm
Where do you suppose the doctor would recommend that the liposuction procedure be done on this woman?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/off-topic/3983381-is-this-the-new-c8.html

Between her ear lobes.

Aerovette
05-07-2017, 3:03pm
Between her ear lobes.

That's my point. If we would not give liposuction to the woman pictured, why would we give female hormones to Bruce Jenner?

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 3:05pm
That's my point. If we would not give liposuction to the woman pictured, why would we give female hormones to Bruce Jenner?

I don't care about that woman.
I don't know her.
I don't care about Bruce Jenner either.
I have probably 10 people that I really care about.
Everyone else can do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't affect me or my wallet.

Bill
05-07-2017, 3:20pm

While this is very logical, there's an ass for every seat. If someone wants some weird shit and can pay for it themselves, hey, it's still a free country, isn't it?

Bill
05-07-2017, 3:21pm
I don't care about that woman.
I don't know her.
I don't care about Bruce Jenner either.
I have probably 10 people that I really care about.
Everyone else can do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't affect me or my wallet.

[Jeff Foxworthy] YOU might be a libertarian if...... [Jeff Foxworthy]

Aerovette
05-07-2017, 3:28pm
While this is very logical, there's an ass for every seat. If someone wants some weird shit and can pay for it themselves, hey, it's still a free country, isn't it?

100% agree. That's not the issue I have. The issue I have is the protected status they expect, the "heroism" they are given, and the demand that the world accommodate their illness.

Do what you want, cut this off, suck that out, but you don't deserve a podium. You don't deserve an adjustment to advertising, sit-coms, job placement, bathroom usage, or any other treatment that we would not offer an anorexic...or a person with multiple personalities, or a "cutter", or any other mental illness. Treat the illness instead.

Cybercowboy
05-07-2017, 3:29pm

Do you know that transgender surgery is covered by ObamaCare and is considered a pre-existing condition? I mean, you are actually paying for it in the form of higher insurance costs. It's not considered vanity surgery like a tummy tuck.

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 3:31pm
Do you know that transgender surgery is covered by ObamaCare and is considered a pre-existing condition? I mean, you are actually paying for it in the form of higher insurance costs. It's not considered vanity surgery like a tummy tuck.

I'm also paying for useless play grounds in my town along with a myriad of other useless crap.
Texans are paying for football stadiums for their town's high schools ! :rofl:

You're point ?

Cybercowboy
05-07-2017, 3:33pm
I'm also paying for useless play grounds in my town along with a myriad of other useless crap.
Texans are paying for football stadiums for their town's high schools ! :rofl:

You're point ?

I mean, you just said this:

Jeff '79
05-07-2017, 3:36pm
I mean, you just said this:

Therein lies my point.
Every little group wants their piece, and we all have to pay.
Discrimination is a slippery slope.

Cybercowboy
05-07-2017, 3:45pm
Therein lies my point.
Every little group wants their piece, and we all have to pay.
Discrimination is a slippery slope.

You think it's discrimination to say "OK, you want to cut your dick off, turn it inside out, poke it inside your body, and also grow titties. And you want the insurance company to pay for that much needed surgery, when it's just highly likely you are mentally ill. Also, you're 65 years old, perhaps you want to hold off on that?"

I mean, at some point the entire insanity thing becomes rather obvious to most.

Also Trump got Gorsich appointed to the SC, if that doesn't engender any respect for the man, perhaps you don't really plan on looking beyond CNN's portrayal of him, and Putin hired internet trolls to ruin Hillary's chances and we'd all be so much better off with her, because.

Olustee bus
05-08-2017, 3:49am
You would be too if you were confused out of your mind due to circumstances not understood.
My degree is in sociology and business, so I saw a lot of this too.

I lied

04 commemorative
05-08-2017, 7:04am
Well, the great thing is that everyone can have a different opinion..

Broken Wind
05-08-2017, 7:16am
I'll keep my wiener, thank you very much.

Craig
05-08-2017, 2:30pm

I think it's time you got over it...

Jeff '79
05-08-2017, 4:07pm
I think it's time you got over it...

Over what?
Spence posted the same old thread again, just trying to stir the pot again.
Hail ! I'll play.
Sounds like you need a hex thrown down at you too. :D