PDA

View Full Version : Where to run my wires??

Munch
11-20-2009, 6:07pm
Never mind.

Vet4jdc
11-22-2009, 8:02am
So...assume you got them run beneath the carpet and to the front of the car?

I spent some time yesterday at Best Buy looking at their ipod interface options then spent a lot of time last night looking at everyones setups on Corvette Forum. Looks like some on the CF have had success while others have had some complaints about how theirs work.

After much research, I think I am going to go with the Ipod2car PDXP too. I have a CD changer in the rear and don't mind giving that up to hook up the ipod.

I like the fact that I can tuck it away in the center console if I want and also control the ipod from the head unit. So...when I get the parts....drive on over to the beach and show me the "secrets" to running those wires!:D

Lowcash
11-22-2009, 12:00pm
So...assume you got them run beneath the carpet and to the front of the car?

I spent some time yesterday at Best Buy looking at their ipod interface options then spent a lot of time last night looking at everyones setups on Corvette Forum. Looks like some on the CF have had success while others have had some complaints about how theirs work.

After much research, I think I am going to go with the Ipod2car PDXP too. I have a CD changer in the rear and don't mind giving that up to hook up the ipod.

I like the fact that I can tuck it away in the center console if I want and also control the ipod from the head unit. So...when I get the parts....drive on over to the beach and show me the "secrets" to running those wires!:D

I ran my wires under the carpet the under the center console down the passenger side into the glove box.

I would not suggest tucking the iPod in the center console. Overtime, tunnel heat will destroy the battery. I had my iPod in the center console and within a year or so the battery life of the iPod became 20 minutes when not connected to a constant charge and it made strange sounds or would hang during play.

So it may be safer tucking it in the glove box.

:thumbs:

Munch
11-22-2009, 12:56pm
I too have heard the horror stories of keeping it in the center console. Also the iPod will always be charging even when the car is off so if you leave it in the car beware of battery drain after a while.