PDA

View Full Version : Put in a Halltech Air Filter and bridge...

PortDawg
11-17-2009, 10:24pm
..now I keep getting the Lean code. I thought this 04 was supposed to be smart enough to figure it out on it's own....

Anything I can do?

Munch
11-18-2009, 7:22am
How long has it been installed? I believe it takes a while for the tables to be re-learned. But you may need a tune to correct the lean situation.

WKMCD
11-18-2009, 7:53am
Did you move the MAF up to the TB end of the bridge?

Culookin
11-18-2009, 8:03am
As Munch stated, it may take a while for the computer to learn the new air intake. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a little, then starting her up?

MYSCZ06
11-18-2009, 8:06am
^^ this was going to be my suggestion

PortDawg
11-19-2009, 6:11pm
As Munch stated, it may take a while for the computer to learn the new air intake. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a little, then starting her up?

No but I'll try it this weekend...

PortDawg
11-19-2009, 6:12pm
Did you move the MAF up to the TB end of the bridge?

Nope

Y2Kvert4me
11-19-2009, 6:41pm
First, double check for any possible leaks between the MAF and TB. (always check the simple stuff first).

Second, if you didn't do an idle relearn (or battery disconnect), try it. It will reset the fuel trims, and may stop the lean codes (or maybe just for a while).

Lastly, Aftermarket filter setups and Z06s have a long running reputation for this issue. The screenless MAF used on the 02-04 Z06's is a lot more sensitive to airflow patterns/turbulence, and will provide the PCM with inaccurate airmass readings as a result (reporting more airflow than actual).

Halltech makes a laminar honeycomb screen for the 85mm MAF, which is reported to cure the issue. That, or tuning might be your only options in fully curing it.

Sick of Lean Codes? End them forever - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/2316657-sick-of-lean-codes-end-them-forever.html)
Halltech Systems- Corvette Induction Systems (http://www.halltechsystems.com/Halltech_Honeycomb_1_8_Flow_Straightener_p/hc.125.htm)

:cheers:

Lowcash
11-19-2009, 7:49pm
:iagree: I had this issue last month after an oil change and fuel filter change. I thought maybe there was an issue with the fuel filter but I tightened the clamps between the MAF and bridge and code went away.