PDA

View Full Version : Let's do a cruise!

Sneaks
10-09-2009, 10:12am
Who's interested in getting a cruise together for the first Saturday in November? Maybe do a Skyline Drive run?
If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, recommendations, let's hear them.
:auto:
:Corvette:

Munch
10-09-2009, 6:51pm
Where is Skyline Drive? I would love to do a cruise, been wanting to cruise around with other Vettes since I got mine but no luck yet. I did get to drive behind GB to and from the car show once.

GB Vette
10-09-2009, 7:35pm
http://www.corvettesforchip.com/

Lowcash
10-09-2009, 9:20pm
Where is Skyline Drive? I would love to do a cruise, been wanting to cruise around with other Vettes since I got mine but no luck yet. I did get to drive behind GB to and from the car show once.

The annual Skyline Cruise (although they don't enter the park) is next weekend.

YorkL8apex
10-09-2009, 9:27pm
http://www.urbannaoysterfestival.com/

I'll be camping at Beth Page for the Oyster Festival but a ride up the middle peninsula is usually interesting if you stay off 17 as nuch as possible.

Munch
10-09-2009, 9:52pm
The annual Skyline Cruise (although they don't enter the park) is next weekend.

OK, see, I am not from around here so where is this? Name of city, state etc...

Sneaks
10-10-2009, 2:29am
OK, see, I am not from around here so where is this? Name of city, state etc...

Skyline drive is in the Shenandoah Mountains in northern VA.

Lowcash
10-10-2009, 12:11pm
http://www.urbannaoysterfestival.com/

I'll be camping at Beth Page for the Oyster Festival but a ride up the middle peninsula is usually interesting if you stay off 17 as nuch as possible.

I grew up on the Gloucester/Middlesex line and have spent many a Saturday pointing cars into a field for the Urbanna Rescue Squad at the Oyster Festival. We would always find this steak/cheese vendor between the grocery store and the pool. GREAT sandwiches and GREAT seafood!

I was going to pop down for the Oyster Festival in Nov. but I will be overseas then.

PortDawg
10-10-2009, 1:17pm
Living in Gloucester, this would be awesome. Some awesome backroads up here, some not so much.

Not a fan of Oysters but...

zz4vetteguy
10-11-2009, 7:10pm
I am always up for a cruise....not sure if I want to head all the way up to Skyline, but who knows what I will want to do in an hour. :lol1:

Munch
10-19-2009, 10:15pm
Did this idea die? I just had to re-do my CPR training for work so I will practice on this cruise idea. 1 and 2 and 3 and.... Breath dammit!

I don't know any cool places to cruise to around here but I still think it's a good idea.

tomurphjr
10-20-2009, 7:07am
My favorite local cruise was the Colonial Williamsburg to the ferry and stopping for lunch in Smithfield.

Munch
10-20-2009, 8:09am
I gone from here in Suffolk to Surry and taken the ferry to Williamsburg and came back, that was a very nice drive.

zz4vetteguy
10-20-2009, 8:44pm
So far my favorite cruise spot was up in Arlington following a Ferrari guy that is a friend of Lee's...I learned the magic of second gear (in an A4)...and that was also the day my AH/TC module finally had enough of my driving and went on strike. :D