View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 08:15pm   #11 (permalink)
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15
Activity: 87.5%

Thanked 8,921 Times in 4,437 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5947118

[quote=mrvette;1541134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
I have eight pieces of teflon tubing to machine today for a repair on a dough roller. Each piece of teflon is 7-5/8" outside diameter with an inside diameter of 4-3/4" and came in at just over 17" long. I would estimate each piece of teflon would cost between $750 and $1000 each.

I have heard of rolling in dough, but never a dough roller.....so I got to ask....

I ASSume it's a machine in a bakery?? if so, what is the specs on the silly plastic doing so tight,?? seems to me that a hose and a hose clamp like on my car would do ok.....

Yes, a dough rolling machine for bakery. The tight tolerance is to make sure the teflon stays on the roller and does not slip or move.

The hose clamp might work for your own personal stuff but the Health Board mandates sterile surfaces. The hose clamp would have too many nooks and crannies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

Jeff, just curious...do you have a 5-axis machine at your company?
No 5 axis but all three CNC mills have a 4th axis. The two horizontal are indexers ( one is every degree and the other is every thirty seconds [ 1/2 degree] )

The vertical mill has a contouring head. With that 4th axis, we can cut radial grooves or even threads.

Here's a stainless steel roller I made for a pretzel bakery. The grooves are to put salt on the pretzels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
I'm guessing the scrap material doesn't stick to anything?
No but it will wrap around the chuck pretty freaking fast.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post: