RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 27.7%

Thanked 7,804 Times in 3,476 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Most people will use their truck around town. I would guess that less than 1% of 1/2 ton pickup truck owners take their truck on frequent long trips with a trailer. That's mostly people with campers or businesses hauling stuff.
The Cybertruck has almost TWICE the payload of a Hummer. The Hummer is a gigantic truck with a payload capacity of a Ranger while the Cybertruck has about the same payload of a gas F150 Supercrew. Again, the VAST MAJORITY of 1/2 ton pickup truck owners will not tow heavy trailers cross country or a regular basis. You know that this is the case. Why does the truck's weight have anything to do with the discussion. It's completely irrelevant as long as the heavy weight doesn't reduce the payload (like in case of the Hummer).
The amount of people with a camper is ridiculously low. It's not a large number at all. Most 1/2 ton trucks will rarely see any days where they drive more than 150 miles in a day with a heavy trailer. I only own a 8 x 5 foot trailer with a maximum weight of 2000 lbs and I have never needed anything bigger and I remodel homes from time to time and haul tile and stuff to the landfill. If you have a camper and you go on frequent long trips with it, don't get an EV truck.. It's that simple. That eliminates probably like 5% of 1/2 ton truck buyers.
You could have again saved lots of words by simply saying it sucks as a truck.

You (or any other true believer who buys one) not caring whether it can do “truck” things doesn’t change that.

It is very amusing that your argument started out as it’s a great truck “with great range, even towing”. Now it’s great because nobody cares about those things.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote