Old 01-15-2016, 8:48am   #7
8Up
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,272 Times in 652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11051621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
During the last correction in which the S&P fell almost 12% and recovered quickly, I was all in cash. I went half in at 10% down, and if you remember, I said that I would go all in at 15%. Well, the S&P never made it there and I ended up 11% for the year in my 401k, and sitting on the cash
That being said, I'm still sitting on 50% of my cash. 15% down from the top on the S&P is in sight. That would be 1815. My 401k is now down 3% since I went half in.
Anyway, I'm hoping to get in around 1825 and then leave it alone for a while.
Oil is below $30.00 a barrel this morning !! I think $25~ will be the bottom. Once that bottom is reached, the market will begin it's recovery.
This stuff takes time and fascinates me.
Anybody out there know anything?
I guess I dont know anything special, but I do know that gas here has been predicted to go as low as $1 a gallon, if you could figure out how that translates to $ per barrel I would think getting close to that would be a good buying point. I have been looking at oil myself lately, specificly Marathon and Murphy USA which are both American companies. Marathon (MRO) is under $10 a share right now, down from a 12 mo peak of about $30 last May. Murphy USA (MUSA) is around $60 but dropping, peaked at $70 last may. Too soon to buy right now. As long as you arent planning to retire in teh next 3 years I think you could buy in now and be OK for the comeback.
8Up is offline   Reply With Quote