Old 04-04-2024, 11:33am   #43
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 81.3%

Thanked 8,300 Times in 4,123 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
I wrecked two cars that belonged to my parents.

The one that was totaled, was not my fault. The one with the "impact modified" fender, was my fault. My dad's 64 Cadillac. I hit a fire hydrant taking a turn too fast.

In a panic, I came home and took the fender off and tried to hammer it back to good. He said I'd have done better to have left it alone.
45 years ago I worked with a cool guy named Jim who was ab6 years older than I. He told me when he was a kid in Missouri in the '60's, he'd 'borrow' his dad's new Chrysler Imperial to deliver the Sunday papers for his paper route, because they were heavy and the car was fun to zoom around in. One morning, he was chasing a raccoon down a divider with tall grass or brush growing in it, and ran it right into a tree stump that was hidden in the grass. The impact stopped the car. Front end was caved in. He said when he pulled it into the driveway, erupting coolant, his dad was standing there with a baseball bat waiting for him. I don't think he used the bat, but the old man beat Jim's ass badly. On the bright side, that never happened again.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote