View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 1:11pm   #86
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 43.5%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,534 Times in 1,946 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
When I was in school, 70s and 80s, those who could not behave were put in a special class, my middle school had an out-building for the class, we on the inside called it 'The Boot'.

Kids were placed in this class for behavioral issues, not apptitude deficiencies, but they were rarely taken out, most did 6th, 7th and 8th grade in the class.

Problem is they all become deficient in studies, as the class is taught to the lowest capable students.
IMO, lives were ruined, as the class corrected NOTHING, it just isolated them, and got them labelled by the entire school.

Yet another social issue, mishandled by liberals, who have no commitment to correcting it, just allowing it to mushroom, while asking for more monies each year while stating it has gotten worse, and larger.

I have seen that before, by getting the misfits out of the regular classes those other kids that wanted to learn were not held back as you said by "those who could not behave were put in a special class,"
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote