The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Social Security (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137528)

Yadkin 04-27-2024 9:20pm

Social Security

I think the system is going to go belly up, cut benefits 25% in 2033 or so.

LATB 04-27-2024 9:25pm

They should offer cash buyouts.

Big bob 04-27-2024 9:27pm

If you really want to try thinking. Try thinking about that poor little girl and any others that you abused and refuse to own up to.:sadangel:

Yadkin 04-27-2024 9:54pm

Try thinking about the man that you killed. And the family that he was supporting. And the kids that had to grow up without a father.

Bruze 04-27-2024 9:59pm

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 100873

PLRX 04-27-2024 11:22pm

I am the youngest member here but I've been listening to this music for years. Some of you may have been tuned in for the last 60 years or so.

higgyburners 04-28-2024 1:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2252314)

liars ...cheats...and thieves ....do not deserve SS....you will get your cut when you meet god....:yesnod:

Yadkin 04-28-2024 2:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by higgyburners (Post 2252348)
liars ...cheats...and thieves ....do not deserve SS....you will get your cut when you meet god....:yesnod:

*God

Himey the judge and preacher. :Jeff '79:

Yadkin 04-28-2024 3:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2252327)

I've worked hard, lived within my means, invested, all within the concept that FedCo's Ponzi scheme would crash the day that I retire. And it's all come to fruition. So now, any money I get from it is dedicated to things that I don't need, like two seat sports cars and European river cruises.

:Jeff '79:

Jughead 04-28-2024 5:54am

Quote:

No one in congress will touch the third rail. It would be political suicide.

If anything they'll keep raising the retirement age.

slewfoot 04-28-2024 7:32am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big bob (Post 2252319)
If you really want to try thinking. Try thinking about that poor little girl and any others that you abused and refuse to own up to.:sadangel:

He should not think without links.

Yadkin 04-28-2024 7:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead (Post 2252357)
No one in congress will touch the third rail. It would be political suicide.

If anything they'll keep raising the retirement age.

They will means test, and screw the top percentages. The folks that worked hard and made good decisions.

Budman 04-28-2024 8:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2252397)
They will means test, and screw the top percentages. The folks that worked hard and made good decisions.

You’re talking about the people who funded the majority of SS through their “contributions”. Meanwhile the slugs who didn’t work will get a check in the spirit of “equity”.

slewfoot 04-28-2024 8:16am

Yeh but a vote to change SS will also be a vote for change of representatives. I don't believe for one second the majority voting pubs will stand for this with anyone messing with SS.

Even putting in the effort will pretty much be the end of their political career. Reminds me of this:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...health-plan-n/

Ever since he was a presidential candidate, President Donald Trump has been promising the American people a "terrific," "phenomenal" and "fantastic" new health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act.

But, in the 3½ years since he set up shop in the Oval Office, he has yet to deliver.

:rofl: Yeh, okay!

DAB 04-28-2024 8:17am

Congress has no trouble finding money for all sorts of unplanned things. Bridges that fall into the water, various wars that are not conducted on our soil, natural disasters here and there. And none of them vote. Old folks vote, you mess with their money at your peril.

Steve_R 04-28-2024 8:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2252422)
Ever since he was a presidential candidate, President Donald Trump has been promising the American people a "terrific," "phenomenal" and "fantastic" new health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act.

But, in the 3½ years since he set up shop in the Oval Office, he has yet to deliver.

Perhaps because Congress has to do that, not the POTUS. Unless you’re Bidumb and just issue Executive Order after Executive Order even after the Supreme Court says he doesn’t have the authority.

Big bob 04-28-2024 8:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2252324)
Try thinking about the man that you killed. And the family that he was supporting. And the kids that had to grow up without a father.

Is that a fact?

Taurus 04-28-2024 9:45am

They will never cut benefits, they'll raise the tax burden on the wealthy along with increase the rates on businesses and working individuals first.

Wathen1955 04-28-2024 10:01am

Wonder if there are millionaires to collect SS? SS would be fine if the politicians kept their hands out of the cookie jar, and quit giving it to people that have never made a contribution to it.

jw38 04-28-2024 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 2252422)
Yeh but a vote to change SS will also be a vote for change of representatives. I don't believe for one second the majority voting pubs will stand for this with anyone messing with SS.

Even putting in the effort will pretty much be the end of their political career. Reminds me of this:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...health-plan-n/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2252427)
Perhaps because Congress has to do that, not the POTUS. Unless you’re Bidumb and just issue Executive Order after Executive Order even after the Supreme Court says he doesn’t have the authority.

:iagree: Typical liberal who doesn't know how government works. All he cares about is how the government will take care of him, because the government knows what's best for him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus (Post 2252454)
They will never cut benefits, they'll raise the tax burden on the wealthy along with increase the rates on businesses and working individuals first.

:iagree: Tax the rich to give to everyone else.